Position: Mid Fraser Regional Assistant (Thompson/Canyon/Cariboo-Chilcotin)
Eligibility: age 30 & under
Job Type: Full-time (35 hours/week), Temporary
Location: Home office in the Thompson, Canyon or Cariboo-Chilcotin region of the Fraser Watershed with local travel occasionally required.
Note: This position is dependent on approval of Canada Summer Jobs funding and may be adjusted based on application results.
The Organization: The Rivershed Society of BC (Rivershed) is a non-profit charity, founded in 1996. We have a vision of the Fraser Watershed being a resilient watershed with salmon, people and economies flourishing in rivershed communities. Rivershed’s mission is to connect, protect and restore the Fraser’s 34 riversheds – we call it Watershed CPR (Connect, Protect, Restore).
The Opportunity: We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for the Fraser Watershed to support Rivershed’s regional on-the-water programs and outreach, with a focus on regional in-person events. The Mid-Fraser Regional Assistant works ~75% from a home office and ~ 25% in-person across the Thompson, Canyon and Cariboo-Chilcotin Regions of the Fraser Watershed and is required to live in area.
As the Mid-Fraser Regional assistant, you will outreach virtually and in-person to aligned organizations, represent Rivershed at events as required, support the coordination and development of on-site programs and activities, and work with the Programs Team to ensure all components relevant to programs and events are planned, delivered and evaluated. You will be responsible for choreographing key components of logistics for in-person program delivery.
This position will also provide content for our communications team to ensure that external communications for programs are accurate, accessible, and delivered in a timely manner as well as participate in team meetings and in ongoing decolonization and reconciliation discussions.
- Organized, professional, and attentive, with strong communication and writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands, working both independently and with a remote team across departments.
- Proficient use of database and computer programs and online tools such as Keela, Microsoft 365 (primarily Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel).
- Strong ability to manage and analyze data and produce relevant reporting.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Working knowledge of issues that affect the watershed
- Event coordination, tabling and outreach experience are considered an asset.
How to apply: Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive), and be a permanent Canadian resident, citizen, or refugee per the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Please send a cover letter and resume (including two references) as one PDF document via email to Justine Nelson with the subject line “Mid-Fraser Regional Assistant” by April 26 at 4pm. Only those who are being asked for an interview will be contacted.