Position: Creative Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time (35 hours/week), flexible, remote.
Location: British Columbia. Home office, travel within the Fraser Watershed is occasionally required.
Benefits: Extended health and dental (shared cost), generous sick days, vacation package, and flex days off.
Pay scale: $50,000 – $55,000 annually.
Application Deadline: Open until the right candidate is found.
Start Date: As early as January 2, 2024.
The Opportunity: The Rivershed Society of BC has a vision of the Fraser Watershed being a resilient watershed with salmon, people and economies flourishing in rivershed communities. Our mission is to connect, protect and restore the Fraser’s 34 riversheds and we are seeking a Creative Coordinator to help us with this work.
The Creative Coordinator will work collaboratively with the rest of the Rivershed team to develop and share compelling graphics and communications collateral across our channels including social media, websites, and at in-person events.
While occasional travel within the Fraser Watershed may be necessary, Rivershed is a remote team, and we’re looking for someone comfortable with virtual collaboration. The ideal candidate will have an appropriate home office set up, be comfortable working with virtual supervision, and be available during regular working hours for seamless communication with key members of the Rivershed team.
If you’re passionate about the protection and restoration of the Fraser Watershed and finding creative solutions to communicate ideas or messages, the role of Creative Coordinator might be the perfect fit for you.
- Create compelling and effective promotional materials and graphic assets for Rivershed’s platforms/channels.
- Design materials including reports, brochures, swag, posters, signage, advertising and other materials using Canva or Adobe software.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to brand guidelines in all design projects.
- Post content on our social media accounts, including engaging with our audience and collaborators, brainstorming content ideas, staying on top of social media trends, and keeping Rivershed’s leadership team informed of any new developments and engagement opportunities.
- Design and distribute email blasts and other digital outreach efforts.
- Represent Rivershed during outreach efforts at festivals, meetings and other community or collaborator events, capturing content for social media when required.
- Track and report on social media and website analytics each month.
- Create appealing cross-channel promotional material that drives engagement and results, which may include, but is not limited to, graphic assets, social media and website content, printed promotional materials, photos, and video content.
- Update Rivershed’s various websites, as directed (WordPress). Identify opportunities for improvement as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with other team members in the development of materials.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings, Decolonization sessions, and other relevant meetings.
- Other administrative duties (notetaking, file organizing, etc.) as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient in written English.
- Experienced with creating branded content.
- Social media experience.
- Basic graphic design skills using Canva or Adobe software.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with and understands the differences between designing for web versus print, as well as understands design systems and layout and font hierarchies.
- Basic web design and website updating skills (WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or SEO experience are a bonus).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and produce quality deliverables on schedule.
- A commitment to decolonization principles and a willingness to participate in related discussions and initiatives.
The following skills/qualifications are considered an asset, but not required:
- Writing and editing skills.
- Video editing.
- WordPress website experience.
- Intermediate graphic design skills.
- Working with databases/mailing lists.
- Comfortable creating live social media content.
- Photography skills/experience.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume (including two references) as one PDF document to Justine Nelson with the subject line “Creative Coordinator”. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Only those who are being asked for an interview will be contacted.
The position will remain open until the right candidate is found.