2013 Forum Details
13th Annual Riversheds Forum April 19 - 21, 2013 (Earth Day weekend) Lillooet, BC
13th Annual Riversheds Forum
April 19 - 21, 2013 (Earth Day weekend)
This Forum is for YOU!
- For SLLP Alumni, the Forum is an opportunity to reunite with friends and a chance to share ideas and stories, and to help chart the program's future. We need your help to learn how we can support your SLLP Alumni projects.
- For our fellow stewards, the Forum is an opportunity to meet SLLP alumni, learn how to get more people involved in your local activities, and a place to immerse yourself in hands-on activities that could be transferable to your own community within the Fraser River Basin.
- For our members and friends,
the Forum is a chance to network and meet within the Fraser River
Basin, and to assist in strengthening the SLLP program. We need your
help to improve our programming.
Download the 2013 agenda (pdf).
The Forum offers participants an opportunity to share information about their rivershed. Presenters tell "Rivershed Stories", making use of maps, posters and photographs. Rivershed Stories provide brief descriptions of the watershed and the work of an organization. The stories highlight the work of stewardship groups from around the Fraser River Basin.
About the Venues
Meetings will be held at the Cayoose Creek Sek'wel'was Band Office, located at 591 Highway 99, Lillooet.
Sleeping accommodations are at Retasket Lodge and RV Park, 1264 Bouvette Road, Lillooet. Accommodations include rooms with two queen beds, and there are also eight RV sites for those preferring to sleep in their own camper or tent.
Saturday evening the Forum will be attending the Planet Peace Cafe, an event organized by the Lillooet Peace and Ecology Group as part of their Earth Day activities. The event includes a home-cooked organic meal and entertainment. The stage is open to entertainers, so please feel free to contribute if you would like. The event will take place at the Lillooet Friendship Centre, 357 Main Street, Lillooet.
The registration fee is $150, and includes two nights accommodation at Retasket Lodge and RV Park and meals (with a focus on organic and local produce from Lillooet-area farmers).
To register, please fill out this form.
Getting to the Forum
All 2013 Riversheds Forum venues are in Lillooet, BC. Address and/or links for each venue are listed above.
Carpooling is strongly encouraged. To help facilitate the possibility of ride-sharing, we have set up a Doodle poll. If you need a ride or have room in your vehicle for others, please fill out the Doodle poll appropriately and leave a comment below the poll stating where you are coming from and returning to.
What to Bring:
- Your passion for the Fraser River, the RSBC and stewardship programs
- An open mind and creative spirit
- Walking shoes
- A note pad and writing material
- A camera - we'd love some awesome pictures!
- Rain gear (in case of rain during the field trip)
- New name ideas for rebranding the Sustainable Living Leadership Program
- Your creative talent and tools - the Planet Peace Café event we are attending on Saturday evening is open-stage, if you would like to contribute you are invited to do so.